When the students in Newton needed you, our donors were there.
As our country and our own community have faced a pandemic combined with civil unrest over insidious systemic racism, Newton Schools Foundation responded with crucial grants to our schools thanks to our community’s generosity.
When you donate to NSF, your gift will make a significant impact—this year and every year.
- Support of NSF allowed economically disadvantaged students to “stay in school” with the purchase of 300 Chromebooks.
- Donations underwrote a grant that gave our students fast access to critical mental health supports.
- Gifts enabled a group of Newton teachers to create active anti-racist classrooms and learning environments for all our students.
New this year – When you make a gift between now and the end of the year, you can indicate to which of the three grant areas you would like us to apply it: grants that allow teachers to try innovative approaches, professional development, or programs to address the inequality in our schools. Or, you can direct us to apply your gift where the need is greatest.
Your year-end gift to Newton Schools Foundation is an investment in our students and in public education!
• New Approaches in the Classroom
A visual art teacher at Memorial Spaulding where NSF funded the Integrative Arts Program:
“The Newton Schools Foundation has afforded our school an amazing opportunity to collaborate and tap into our collective wisdom to develop engaging learning opportunities in creative and thoughtful ways. Without this grant, our school culture and curriculum would never have been pushed to this level of excellence!”
• Professional Development
A teacher in the Anti-Racism workshop organized by Newton South:
“This was absolutely the best professional development I have ever attended! The Educators for Anti-Racism series needs to be in every district.”
• Programs That Address Racial and Income Inequities
A student in The Calculus Project, a program that helps students of color pursue higher-level math:
“The workshop and tutoring push you to work harder and learn better and has taught me to never give up and keep going.”