Current open positions
Bookkeeper (part time/non-exempt)
Commitment: 6-8 hours per week/remote (may vary due to seasonality)
Salary: To commensurate with experience
- Responsible for periodically updating the Treasurer on the financial status of the organization through (i) financial updates for Board Meetings, and (ii) reports on the success and expenses of fundraising activities, as requested. The Bookkeeper shall work with the Treasurer on the preparation and presentation to the Board of the Annual Budget, in accordance with the bylaws.
- Maintains records according to generally accepted accounting principles including the recording of general journal entries, accounts payable, accounts receivable, cash management, and reconciliation of bank statements.
- Works closely with Program Director on the processing of donations.
- Applies strong accounting skills including A/P, A/R, purchasing backup, journal entries, track and record investment activity, and all bookkeeping through financial statement preparation.
- Produces reports, upon request, for the Treasurer and Board of Directors.
- Budget preparation and forecasting.
- Expense check procurement.
- Reconciles and maintains records related to restricted expenditures.
- Prepares for and participates in the annual financial review.
- Three or more years of bookkeeping experience with excellent practices and procedures.
- Attention to detail with an exceptional level of accuracy and history of reliability, confidentiality and conscientious work habits.
- Experience in accounting in QuickBooks and Excel
- Experience managing financial reviews and the review process.
- Ability to produce timely reports and present to Treasurer and the Board of Directors.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision.
- Knowledge of current federal/state law relating to nonprofit bookkeeping standards and best practices.
- Prior experience working with education nonprofits/foundation and familiarity of the Newton Public Schools a plus.
Please send resume and cover letter to Diane Greer, Program Director: email@example.com